Digital Marketing in India started becoming visible about 10 years back. Not very long ago, selling and buying online was considered nothing more than scam. But today, the value of e-commerce industry in India has crossed $20 billion. There was a time when jingles, magazine ads, newspaper ads and billboards did most of the work. But now, the power of internet has drastically changed the way we acquire and consume information.
With over 450 million people online, India ranks second in the world in number of internet users and the numbers are growing every day. Online media has transformed the way we communicate. It has become a necessity. Now, people don’t go online, they live there. With so many people on the internet, digital marketing in India is no more a far-fetched concept, it’s a reality.
Some Facts and Stats
- India ranks first in the world in number of Facebook users – 241 million. US ranks second with 240 million
- Youtube channel of T-Series has more than 22 million subscribers
- As per Google, more than 40% of search and 67% of e-commerce activities in India are done using mobile devices
- Gaana.com, India’s biggest content streaming service, has more than 50 million app downloads
- Total number of smartphone users in India is more than 340 million
Well, with the growing number of online marketing opportunities in India, the demand for people with digital marketing skills is also going up. If you want to be a part of this world, opportunities are endless.
There are many Digital Marketing companies in India you can be a part of to progress your career in Internet marketing. I have listed down few names for you.
There are also many independent Digital Marketers who have made colossal contributions in this field. You can follow them to keep yourself updated. I personally follow Deepak Kanakaraju, Sorav Jain, Neil Patel, Avinash Kaushik and Pradeep Chopra.
If you are a beginner and want to dive a little deeper into this world then there are many digital marketing certification courses to choose from. They will help you build the necessary digital marketing skills and boost your career forward. Some of the best are:
India has a bright future in digital marketing. The upside potentials are huge and the demand for expertise is growing rapidly. Consumers are getting happier and digital marketers are getting busier. This is high time to make the best use of the online opportunity.
Statista, SocialBakers, Business Standard, Forbes India, Techinasia, Times of India.
Latest posts by Anindo Chatterjee (see all)
- How to Start Digital Marketing for your Local Business - August 23, 2017
- How to Set Automatic Replies on Facebook? - August 9, 2017
- 9 Essential Digital Marketing Skills for Success - August 2, 2017